Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Experience in Passport Seva Kendra

Recently Deccan Herald had come up with a negative article on the Passport Seva Project which blamed all ills on the Vendor, TCS without giving a chance to TCS to provide its side of the story. Hence thought of providing details of my personal experience of the Passport Seva Project in Bangalore

My wife yesterday went to get her Passport re-issued in the Bangalore Passport Seva Kendra. The overall experience was good and was a far cry from the harassment we faced when getting the original passport issued in Chennai, 10 years back.  
She had made an online appointment and reached the Passport Seva Kendra 30 mts prior to her scheduled appointment time, the staff in the PSK were well behaved and allowed her in early. She completed all her formalities in time and only delay that happened was at the stage of the meeting with the Government Officer in the PSK. While the queue is regulated at the entry stage of the PSK once you are in the PSK, at the other subsequent counters it seemed from her experience that there was not any organised queuing. I am giving second hand feedback as I was not present.
Overall the staff was friendly and helpful and it was a pleasant experience getting her passport done

1 comment:

khushi said...

Hi,
I thought I should share my experience too with others regarding my passport experience as i received it on the 17 th day after I applied for it online…..if they can get some help from it….so I have shared my experience in my blog :
http://yummyfood-khusi.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-passport-experience.html